- Organic chicken 2 kg.
- Tamarind 200 grams (broken up).
- Ginger 2 inches piece (cut in slice).
- Onion 1 (cut in sliced).
- Red chilies 2 chopped.
- Red chilies 2 in sliced.
- Lemon grass sticks 2,bashed,bruised and chopped.
- Garlic cloves 10 cut in 1/2.
- Fresh coriander 1 bunch.
- Coconut milk 1/2 kg.
- Rice noodles 1/4 kg.
- Thai fish sauce 2 table spoon.
- Soy sauce 2 table spoon.
- Drizzle olive oil.(found in asian markets).
How to make;-
- Take a large saucepan and place the chicken in it.
- Add the tamarind,ginger,chopped chilies,onion,lemongrass and garlic.
- Finely slice the coriander stalks and add the pan.
- Cover with water to the top and weight the chicken down with a heavy lid.
- Cook it for 60-80 minutes.
- When it tender ,remove the chicken with fork.
- Mash up the sauce and add coconut milk and a lug of fish sauce.
- Put the rice noodles in a bowl,pour over boiling water and leave for 3 minutes.
- Mix the fresh coriander leaves with the sliced chile.
- Drain the noodles,place some in the bottom of each serving bowl,and dress with soy sauce to season.
- Pile the chicken on the top,then pour over the strained sauce.
- Pile the chili and coriander mix on top and drizzle with olive oil.