- All-purpose flour 2 cup.
- Baking powder 2 tea spoon.
- Baking soda 1 tea spoon.
- Kosher salt 1 tea spoon.
- Butter milk 1 cup.
- Egg 4.
- Vanilla extract 1 table spoon.
- Unsalted butter 1 pound.
- Granulated sugar 1 cup.
- Fresh pineapple 10 rings.
- Unsalted butter 4 table spoon.
- Dark brown sugar 1 cup.
- Heavy whipping cream 2/4 cup.
- Ground cinnamon.1tea spoon.
How to make;-
- Prepare the grill for direct and indirect cooking over medium heat on 350 degree.
- Brush the pineapple rings with the butter.
- Grill the pineapple over direct medium heat with the lid open for 6-8 minutes,turning once.
- Remove from the grill and leave for cool.
- Leave 1 pineapple ring whole and cut the others into halves.
- Take a skillet over direct heat and mix the brown sugar,cream,cinnamon and any melted butter which remaining .
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until it start to bubble around.
- Remove the skillet and then arrange the pineapple halves around it,set aside.
- Take a large bowl mix the flour,baking powder,baking soda and salt.
- Take another bowl and whisk the buttermilk,eggs,and vanilla.
- With an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed in a large bowl for 4 minutes.
- Add the buttermilk mixture and mix with low mixer and the flour mixture until smooth.
- Spread the butter evenly over the pineapple slices in the skillet.
- Bake the cake over indirect medium heat with the lid closed until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the grill and let cool at room temperature for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the skillet very carefully.
- Replace any pineapple that has stuch to the bottom of the skillet.
- Let the cake cool.
- Briefly before slicing in to wedges and serving.
Serve at room temperature:-