How to make:-
- Take a large kettle and combined the apple with lemon juice and 2 cup of sugar.
- Cover it and leave for 1 hour.
- Fill a caner half-full of water,add the empty canning jars and bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat.
- Bring a saucepan of water just to a boil
- Reduce the heat and add the jars lids.
- Do not boil the lids.
- In the apple add the remaining sugar,cinnamon,nutmeg and butter.
- Heat uncovered over medium heat,stirring often,until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes,stirring frequently.
- Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Stirring constantly,bring the mixture to a full rolling boil.
- Remove from the heat and skim excess foam from the mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and leave the fruit mixture cool for 5 minutes.
- Stirring occasionally.
- Remove jars from the hot water,draining well.
- Fill them with hot fruit mixture,leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Fit seals on tops of the jars.
- Screw on the lids firmly.
- Lower the jars into the water and add more very hot water so the water is 1-2 inches above the jars.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the hot water and leave for cool on a rack.
Make about 5 half-pint jars:-